Club Captains for 2017 are Lily Darcy and Nathaniel McGrath
The Club Captain provides a central point of contact, and is the vital link, for all players within the club. The role of the Club Captain is to represent the views of the players and contribute to the development of the club by providing thoughts and comments from a player’s perspective.
The role of Junior Club Captain:
- Be a person that all players can contact and talk to about any issues relating to basketball
- Provide a voice for players at the club and raise any issues to the board or coaching committee when necessary.
- Be a positive role model for all junior members of the club.
- Communicate with fellow players and provide support and advice where needed.
- Encourage club members to be involved in social and voluntary activities.
- Welcome new junior players to the club.
- Be a mentor to all junior players.
- Assist coaches with U/12s when attending overnight camps.
- Provide ideas and suggestions to the Board on areas to develop the club.
- Help at recruitment, fundraising and promotional events.
- Organise social events where desired.
- Enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the club and players.
- Be approachable and friendly.
- Have the ability to seek and represent the views of others.
- Be an excellent communicator with good overall communication skills.
- Be a good listener.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Member of any team within the U/18 division.
Benefits of Club Captain:
- Having fun and working with others.
- Learning and developing new skills and ideas.
- Representing the views of young people.
- Developing personal skills, e.g. confidence, team work, social skills, leadership.
- Learning about the administration and structure of a voluntary organisation.
- Adding this position and experience to your curriculum vitae (CV).
- Knowing that you are helping others.